
To start your morning out startled is not a favorite of mine. I like to make sure my eyes are focused before my feet hit the floor running. I woke, not to the sound of an alarm or my husbands gentle nudge, it was "MOM, it's not Saturday, I have to go to school"!
Oh my lordy geeze where am I? I couldn't open my eyes, my pajamas became one with the sheets and I had the dog wrapped around me like a fanny pack. I'm up, I'm up (well I was giving that my best effort). I had no idea what time it was or why I was still sound asleep (as though I were on vacation or something).
Oh my lordy geeze where am I? I couldn't open my eyes, my pajamas became one with the sheets and I had the dog wrapped around me like a fanny pack. I'm up, I'm up (well I was giving that my best effort). I had no idea what time it was or why I was still sound asleep (as though I were on vacation or something).
I made my way to the kitchen to find a coffee pot that had already ran its course and was now cooling. I put together a breakfast and a lunch. I have no idea which one actually made it in the lunch box because nature was calling my name and my back teeth were floating.
Has anyone ever brushed their teeth with sparkling High School Musical bubble gum flavored toothpaste? Try that with a side of coffee.
I hurried to get dressed (well if you consider a hoodie and jamma bottoms dressed) then your good to go. I threw on my husbands slippers and one of my sons baseball hats, slapped on a pair of sunglasses (on a cloudy day mind you) and out the door I went. My sons only response was "Are you going to the gym after you drop me off"? Are you kidding me?
My only mission was to get him to school on time and not be caught dead in this attire. All's well that ends well right, until you realize your sons backpack and lunch are still sitting in the backseat ~ NOOOOOOOO! I know your thinkin she didn't ~ Oh yes she did. I don't think a turtle could of hid his head any better as I shuffled into the office to ask if my sons belongings could be delivered to him by someone other than me.
And wouldn't you know it, of all people, the schools busy body and her BFF came skipping up the walkway with party supplies. She looked at me as if I had just crawled out from behind a bush and asks "Mrs. Kamanski, are you feeling ok"? No, I need a Rabies shot and was just on my way to the vets. Ta Ta.
Once I got back in my comfort zone my husband calls and asks "So, how'd you like sleeping in ~ Did you have a nice morning"? Gotta love him!
May your day be filled with the things that make you smile. Take care of you and yours always.
Katie







2 comments:
lmao thanks
That's absolutely hilarious! You made my morning. lol Have a great day!
Post a Comment