It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day it tis! We made it through the holidays without a scratch, just a few bumps and bruises. But when it was all said and done, a good time was had by all. I am hoping everyone enjoyed their time spent with family and friends.Quick question ~ Why does it take 3 months before the big day to shop, 3 days to wrapped all that was purchased and 2.2 minutes to open everything? This is something that has always amazed me.
If I could cash in all the gift cards hubby and I received, we could book a flight to the moon. I'm really liking the gift card idea, but do you ever think about what you really want when your shopping for others and then when it comes time to shop for yourself, you have no idea what you need or want?
My favorite was from Bed Bath and Beyond and William Sonoma - can always find a need in those stores.
I received another one for Kohl's and had a "Your kidding me, right" moment. I finally made it to the register after waiting half the day, reading a good book and a nap and the young young (did I mention young) one behind the counter asks the question "Is this all yours"? My only response was "No darlin, I've waited in line for everyone in the store, they'll be up to pay in a moment"! Your kidding me right! ~ Oh it's good to be me.
All in all, our Christmas was a success. Well if you consider success as all involved ate well without complaint or getting sick and requested leftovers and everyone got what they wished for, I would consider it a success.
Time to eat, sleep and be merry. I will be traveling through the blogs to catch up later this afternoon. I am hoping your Monday and the days that follow treat you well. Take care and enjoy!







13 comments:
Kohl's is the cheapest place to buy name-brand walking/running shoes and sneakers. I worked at one of their distribution centers for almost five years.
Enjoy your New Year, if those gift cards are weihing you down send them to me LOL!
Wow! I want some of those gift cards! LOL
The only gift card I got this year was from Border's for $100. Not bad, eh? :)
XXOO
Ahh Kohls. They could use a few more people with BETTER customer service skills! And quicker too. But I digress.
I am so glad you got lots and lots of great gift cards and that you can go shopping on someone else dime and get some stuff to make you happy! That was a LONG sentence.
lol
I am just glad you had a good Christmas and that you are still spreading the cheer and love to all of us!
Many blessings to you!
Amanda
I love gift cards! Except, when they get down to about $2.74 and there is no way to use them up without spending cash. LOL
i LOVE Williams Sonoma!
and yes, that sounds like an amazingly successful Christmas. No one got sick? amazing!
lol
hugs
tina
Sounds like a great time, and I hope you find lots of great bargains to make the most of your gift cards! Kohl's has GREAT bargains, and it's dangerous for me to go there. LOL
Hugs, Beth
your blog looks so pretty! no gift cards for me, id rather get them though ! i hope you are having a wondeful day! hugs
I love getting gift cards!
I'm glad you had a good Christmas.
Happy New Year!
So glad you had a great Christmas. Mine was great too. Know what you mean about short time to open the presents. :( lol Hope you have a great New Year with lots of blessings, Janie
LOL at the gift cards....my favorites were Bath and Body Works, also Kohl's (gotta love it) and Au Bon Pain (my lunch spot). Happy New Year to you and your family! HUGS
I love getting gift cards BUT I am like you and feel like no actual thought was put into the gift....
Our Christmas was great too! I am just catching up today from all my blog reading from BEFORE Christmas...
I iwll be caught up soon :)
Kelly
Hey Katie - I hope your Holiday was very nice. I enjoy gift cards myself.. but I have resolved in years past to not shop as much for "stuff" .. sure is fun though! When I tell people I truly do not want any gifts, I end up getting old man sweaters, because people feel like they HAVE to get something.. oh well.. It's nice to be thought about - but I guess the gift cards are better any day! See you on the next post!
P>S> Thanks for stopping by re·[frac]·tion and con·tin·u·um
I appreciate your visits! :)
Post a Comment