Thursday, December 4, 2008

Now it's begining to look a lot like Christmas


Hidy Ho there good neighbors. It's Thankful Thursday once again and all I can say is, I'm really thankful that at the end of each day there's a bedtime!

My past two days have been booked solid with nothing but running from here to get over there, doing this just to do that and I am just plain worn out. I could of easily slept until spring like a big old grizzle bear, but hubby had other plans. He woke us up earlier than usual this morning all excited about decorating the house in its holiday attire.

In order to accomplish this mission - Mama needed to fill her belly with a good ol fashion stick to the rib Cracker Barrel kinda breakfast accompanied by lots and lots of strong hot coffee. By the time we got home around 7:15am, I was running circles around the crew. My husband was warn out by just watching me go. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

We had to move furniture, feed the vacuum cobwebs and dust bunnies, figure out a game plan and go for it. Our home is small, so to much makes it look well like..... to much. Our mission was accomplish after 3 1/2 hours and now "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas".

I've just returned from getting a massage (oh it's good to be me) and am fit to sit down and fill out our Christmas cards. Tomorrow, I finalize our trip to Canada for next weekend and book flights for our holiday out on the West Coast. We're doing Las Vegas first then taking a road trip to Oregon to check on a house we'd like to put an offer on ~ If all goes well, we will be living in Florence Oregon by the end of spring next year.

One of the things I am always thankful for are my Friends - whether they be online or in person I'm just thankful I have each one of them. Hoping this day has given many a reason to smile. Take care of you and yours always :o)

15 comments:

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Goodness, Katie, I get tired just reading what you accomplish each day. Your spending Christmas on the west coast? Wow, Oregon is a beautiful place to live. Hope all goes as planned...hugs

cw2smom said...

Oh I love Cracker Barrel! And dang it, we don't have them on the West Coast! Think about that...! LOL! Have a great trip! I am making plans for a trip to Tn for the holiday if I can get a decent price for a ticket! Blessings, Lisa

Alice said...

After reading all that, I think I should start drinking more coffee:).

Bridgett said...

Ha! Your Christmas decorating day sounds a lot like mine, only I wasn't lucky enough for a Cracker Barrell breakfast or a massage, darnit! LOL

Moving to the west coast, eh? I lived there many years. Have to say though...I'm an east coast girl at heart. :)

Enjoy those decorations!

XOXO

Cindi said...

Oregon such a pretty place to live...good luck!

Leigh/BlueDragonfly said...

Oh, Oregon....my favorite west coast state!
Holy Cow, you make me feel like such a slacker, no decorations, no cards, no nothin' yet. Maybe I should try the 'stick to your ribs breakfast'.

:) Leigh

redpoppy007@aol.com said...

Sounds like you are really doing good. I need some of your energy.
I know the day I put my things out and decorated the tree, I was completely exhausted. I need a couple of those elves,. I think..

LYN said...

energiser bunny is what just came to mind! you go girl!!

garnett109 said...

The Cracker Barrel by us was ok but I guess the novelty wore off, but do like their gift shop.
Enjoy your holiday.

Anonymous said...

And your bloggy friends are thankful for you and your encouragement and KIND thoughts and LOVING prayers!

You are such a gem to so many of us!!!

Many blessings-
Amanda

*Tracy* said...

love cracker barrell! glad you got your decorating done, i havent yet lol. hope you have a great weekend. hugs

Helen said...

Wish I had some of your energy. Good for you getting all your Christmas decorations up. I just went down reading your entry's. That a shame that the camera thingy was turned the wrong way and your work was in vain. That sock entry was cute. Have a good trip and may it be a safe one. I hope you find what you are looking for. Hugs, Helen

Beth said...

Reading a mention of Vegas always makes me perk up! Give us details about where you're staying, your plans, etc.! I love hearing about anything Vegas...we're going in early January. Woohoo!

Beth

Terri said...

Pass me some of your energy...I am going to try to get my decorating done this weekend...hope you share pics!

Ahhhh I would love a massage..lucky! :)

Have a great night!
Hugs
Terri

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

I love Vegas. I can't wait to see where you are trying to live. How exciting.
Take care, Chrissie