Monday, January 5, 2009

The love of a good friend

Happy New Year and Happy Monday Everyone! Hoping this new year will bring many memories and reasons to smile.

Have you ever noticed how all over the country, shouts of “Hello, I am home” sends four-footed doggies, tails wagging, and behinds swiveling left to right, running to their owners. This is the highlight of their day!

In this day and age of hustle and bustle, it is hard to find a friend, the kind that listens with intensity, and does not interrupt. Dogs seem to be the exception. Many dogs tilt their head to ensure the sound waves are redirected so they don’t miss a beat of what their owners are saying. You can say your deepest darkest secrets and know they will not be revealed. You will not be judged, and at the end of your recanting your dastardly deeds, your pet will proudly lick your face for bearing all. It is a validation of the courage you have shown your four-legged friend!

Dogs make the best listeners. If nobody listens to you, you either need to evaluate the content and delivery of your message, or get a dog. I am thankful I have mine, especially Today!

17 comments:

- said...

I couldn't agree more with this!
There are times that i will talk to my puppy and the way he looks back at me i swear he understands what i'm saying.!

Lainey Laine said...

Awwwwwwww brilliant entry. I love my Goldie 'Oscar' would not be without him. He is my best friend! xxxxxx

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Mine also talk back.....it's in the eyes.....My hairy babies are amoung my treasures......

Tina of Moon Shine said...

yes, dogs are amazing! I want one and you know what? people rarely listen to me.... hmmmm
take care
tina

Bridgett said...

Boy, is this true.
Dogs make the best pets of all, I'm convinced.

Bunnies are great...but only if your space is too small for a doggy. :)

XOXO

Terri said...

Oh yes!

I love my Chihuahua...

Dogs are sooo smart..when I am upset or crying...he comes right up to my face to love on me..as if he is asking "what's wrong mommy"... or if I am dancin like a fool around the house...he looks at me as if he is trying to figure out what the heck I am appreciating...haha

I've never loved an animal as much as I love my chihuahua..he is my baby!

Hugs
Terri

Lucy said...

How good to hear from you again. I did start a different blog after the move and after I had created a really negative blog. I thought I had sent all my followers a note with my new address but I missed the happiest person I have seen on the blog. Glad you are still so up and happy. Lucy

Cindi said...

so true, so true!!

kelly said...

that's funny how your wrote about this today.. got home from work today...and the only one at the door to greet me was my dog... tail a wagging.. at least someone was happy that I was home..LOL..and the best part is that they can't talk back to you...LOL...

Joann said...

I really miss having a dog, I NEED that attentiveness and unconditional love!!! So what dastardly deed did you do, TODAY!?!? Hmmm!??! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, how precious!! Makes me want to have a dog but I'm clueless about them, I am used to cats... just stick them in a box and they poop there for a lifetime LOL. Alas my husband is allergic to cats so it's time for me to get acquainted with cute lil' doggies.

Oops, I forgot to introduce myself LOL. I saw your comment on Tracy's site and I just had to pay you a visit :) ((waves))

P.S. Lovely blog!!

<3 Martha

garnett109 said...

My Sassy does all the talking in this family.

Leigh/BlueDragonfly said...

That last line is intriguing....no I won't ask.
This touched my heart, I miss having a dog. Someday.....
Katie, have a great week!

:) Leigh

Slacker Mom said...

The dogs......

Coco, my NOW 1 year old pup, does all that you said, even when I go upstairs for 15 mintues and return....as if I left in the car.
Blue Boy just barks at us for leaving, and tries to bite our ankles.

They are sweet animals....too sweet....

Kelly said...

I agree...dogs are good listeners and love you no matter what. I don't know what I would do without my Tip. She is such a good girl and is always up for cheering us up in her doggie way. Hugs, Kelly

Alice said...

So true, Katie. One of mine is so jealous of the other one:) They are just the best! I know they understand. Have a good day :)....

Janie said...

Good entry and so true. I love my silly dogs! lol Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Janie